Mad About Blue Birthday Party
Recommended for children Ages 7 to 12
Mad About Blue is all about light and electricity. The Mad Scientist will generate a miniature bolt of lighting to light up a neon tube, florescent bulb, and to simulate what happens during an electrical storm. Through numerous demonstrations, kids will learn about the properties of visible and ultraviolet light, and learn how colorful fireworks are made. The basic party concludes with the kids creating their own chemical reaction of ooey gooey slime that they get to keep! Please note that this party requires a room that can darken.
- Magic Coloring Book - We start with a fun magic trick to teach the kids the difference between science and magic.
- Tesla Coil - In this electrifying experiment, the Mad Scientist will create a miniature bolt of lightning!
- Birthday Bash - How much heat can the Mad Scientist generate by smashing two metal balls together?
- Hand Powered Flashlights - Kids will discover their hidden potential energy with this fun experiment.
- Colored Shadows - Red+Blue=Purple or so you thought. Your Mad Scientist will show you color mixing in a whole new light!
- Catch a Shadow - The birthday child will capture his/her shadow on a special screen.
- Rainbow Glasses - The whole world will look like rainbows when the kids try out these special specs.
- Indoor Fireworks - The children will learn how colors and sparklers are produced for the 4th of July.
- Black Light - Kids learn about UV light and use it to discover who is the secret genius.
- Slime Time!